As the original Singita lodge, Ebony stands steadfast amongst enormous trees on the banks of the Sand River in the heart of South Africa’s ‘big cat country.’ A blend of European heritage and African boldness welcomes visitors with the down-to-earth warmth of a much-loved family home. Spacious interiors are styled with a varied mix of rich colours, and inviting textures and layers, making Singita Ebony Lodge an idyllic retreat.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Seasonal Rates||1 Jan 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|Suite •Per Adult Per Night||
|Suite• Per Child Per Night||
|Lewis Suite • Per Adult Per Night||
|Lewis Suite• Per Child Per Night||
|Family Suite • Suite Per Night (1-3 guests)||
|Family Suite •Additional Guest Per Night||
|Villa • Private use of the 2 Family Suites : 4 Doubles/Twins, maximum 4 adult & 4 children||
- Image Gallery
- Special Deals
- Terms | Conditions
Valid 16 Jan – 19 Dec 2018
SABI SAND / KRUGER PARK COMBO
Book a combination of three nights at Boulders or Ebony Lodge and three nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge and receive one of the nights and one flight per person between the lodges complimentary.
A minimum of six nights is required, with a minimum of three nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge
Excludes the Two-Bedroom Suite at Lebombo and the Pool Suite at Sweni Lodge
Book a combination of two nights at Ebony or Boulders Lodge and two nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge and receive one flight per person between the lodges complimentary.
A minimum of four nights is required, with a minimum of two nights at Ebony or Boulders Lodge and two nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge
- Ten 1-bedroom suites each with a private plunge pool
- Two 2-bedroom family suites (2 adults and 2 children) each with a private plunge pool
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area
- Spa and gym facilities are available
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique
- There is a television available in the library at the main lodge
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family. In the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide
During your stay at Singita Boulders Lodge, you are likely to spot a great variety of wildlife, including species such as leopard, lion, rhino, large herds of buffalo, elephant, reedbuck, hyena, hippopotamus, nyala, cheetah, wild dogs and many types of birds.
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. All flights land at Singita’s airstrip located 10 minutes from the lodge
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage
- Johannesburg – Singita Sabi Sand : approximately 1 hour
- Nelspruit – Singita Sabi Sand : approximately 30 minutes
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 MHz.
- Runway: 01/19
- Latitude: 24° 48” 18’ S
- Longitude: 31° 25” 34’ E
- Elevation: 1250ft
- Width: 20m
- Length: 1 400m
- Surface: Soft tar
Your Journey To Reach Us - By Road
- From Johannesburg: approximately 6hr30minute drive (+/- 500km)
- From Hazyview: approximately 2hr15minute drive (+/- 150km)
Accommodation in the Villa at Singita Ebony Lodge includes:
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private vehicle and guide, host, chef and banakeli (meals can be taken in the main lodge if guests prefer)
- Access to a large private communal lounge and deck area with swimming pool
- Private boma
- Private turning circle with direct access to the Villa
- Private open Land Rover safaris (1 vehicle for up to 8 guests), walking safaris, mountain biking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers), archery
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
* Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the Day Use Rate.
- Tourism levy at R62 per person per night
- Conservation Contribution per person per night R100
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve. Please see our flight & access documentation.
Private Vehicle :
Guests requesting a private vehicle will be required to book a Family Suite. The private vehicle is subject to availability and will be charged at the daily private vehicle rate. If it is a family travelling please refer to the Children Policy for Singita Ebony Lodge.
- per vehicle per day R14 040
- Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Ebony Lodge.
- Infants under the age of 2 years will be accommodated free of charge.
- Children aged 10-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard Suite or Lewis suite with one adult or another child.
- A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Families of four or more members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to book a Family suite and are guaranteed the complimentary use of a private vehicle.
- Families of up to three members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to book the Family suite and pay for the use of a private safari vehicle.
- Triples are available on request. An additional room needs to be booked.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
- Single supplement will apply if 3 or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the 3rd single room onwards.
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, we require full payment on confirmation.
Due to the increasing fuel cost, Federal Air may increase their fuel surcharge during the year, in which case the incremental must be borne by the client. Singita Game Reserves and Cybercapetown will not be accountable for any incremental costs.
For the period 16 January – 19 December annually, provisional reservations may be held for 21 days, after which time the Company is required to either release the space back to Singita for resale, or confirm the reservation by paying a non-refundable deposit. The deposit is calculated at 25% of the total reservation value.
Balance of Payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
For the Festive Season, defined as 20 December – 15 January annually, provisional reservations may be held for 21 days, after which time the Company is required to either release the space back to Singita for resale, or confirm the reservation by paying a non-refundable deposit. The deposit is calculated at 50% of the total reservation value.
Balance of Payment is due 120 days prior to arrival.
In the event of any confirmed reservation being cancelled, the following cancellation fees will be charged:
- Penalty of 25% of the total reservation value if cancelled up to 61 days prior to arrival
- Penalty of 100% if cancelled 60 days or less prior to arrival
In the event of any confirmed reservation being cancelled during the Festive Season, defined as 20 December – 15 January annually, the following cancellation fees will be charged
- Penalty of 50% of the total reservation value if cancelled up to 121 days prior to arrival
- Penalty of 100% penalty if cancelled 120 days or less prior to arrival
JULY - AUGUST
This period is defined as: 01 July 2018 – 31 August 2018
- Minimum Stay at Boulders Lodge: For guests staying at Boulders Lodge between 01 July 2018 and 31 August 2018, a 3 night minimum night stay is required.
This period is defined as: 20 December 2018 – 15 January 2019
- Minimum Stay for guests travelling during Festive Season: a 3 night minimum night stay is required at all properties.
- Arrivals & Departures for guests travelling during Festive Season: No arrivals and departures on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day at any property.
- Ebony Villa during Festive Season: The Ebony Villa is bookable as a Villa unit only. It will not be possible to book the 2 x two-bedroom suites as individual units over this period.
TERMS & CONDITIONS LINKED TO 01 JULY – 31 AUGUST 2018
A minimum of three nights is required for all guests travelling to Singita Boulders Lodge during the period 01 July – 31 August 2018.
Both the Singita Ebony Villa and the Lebombo Villa are bookable as a Villa unit only during the period 01 July – 31 August 2018. It will not be possible to book the 2 x Family Suites or 2 x Two-Bedroom Suites as individual units at Ebony or Lebombo respectively.