Simbambili Lodge is situated among dense stands of knobthornand jackalberry trees along the meandering Manyeleti River in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, part of the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
With its Morroccan-styled suites that have been sensitively designed to blend with the environment and carefully positioned to enhance privacy, this is a must for the romantic at heart. Each suite with its own plunge pool and Sala overlooking the watering hole.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019
|Suites Single Per Night||R18 560|
|Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R12 375|
|Honeymoon Suite Single Per Night||R19 505|
|Honeymoon Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||R13 000|
|Waterhole Suite Single Per Night||R20 445|
|Waterhole Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||R13 630|
- Image Gallery
- Getting here
- Terms | Conditions
Available: 8 Suites
Unit Sleeps: 16 adults
Available: 1 Suite
Unit Sleeps: 2 adults
Unit Sleeps: 2 adults
- Air Conditioning
- Mini Bar
- Private Pool
- Indoor / Outdoor Shower
- In-room Safe
- En-suite Bath
- Hair Dryer
- Viewing Deck
- Tea / Coffee Making Facilities
- Private Balcony
- Lounge Areas
Check-in: From 1:00 PM
Check-out: To 10:00 AM
Simbambili Game Lodge offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
- Swimming Pool
- Open Air Boma
- Conference Venue
- Curio Shop
- Free Parking
- Wellness Center
The lodge is a fantastic romantic destinations for honeymooners and your hosts will ensure that it is a romantic and unforgettable experience. The honeymoon package that includes, an upgrade to a suite (subject to availability or supplement), special private deck dinners, honeymoon turn-downs in the bedrooms.
For guests celebrating special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or other milestones. This information needs to be communicated with your reservations consultant in order for the lodge to prepare for it. We will be delighted to work with you to plan something extra special for your celebration to make it memorable. Examples may include a special private dinner in an African River bed, Tribal dancers to present a cake, a hot air balloon with champagne breakfast etc.
Amani Spa at Simbambili
The Lodge blends artfully with the natural environment - its two spa treatment chalets nestled amid the Knobthorn and Jackalberry trees, ensuring total privacy and tranquility. Here guests can avail of relaxing and rejuvenating spa treatments in the enchanting spa chalet on stilts, with its wall of glass doors, or have a treatment in the unique open-air spa "sala" - both of which afford uninterrupted views of the magical African bushveld. Amani Spa offers holistic body, skin and beauty rituals, rejuvenating massages and soothing treatments, uniquely designed to relax the body and bring harmony to the spirit while preserving youthfulness and enhancing health and vitality.
Travelling to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Depending on your individual travel needs you can get to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in a variety of ways. Most people choose a scheduled flight or shuttle flight to the reserve. Travellers on a longer journey travelling by rental car also have easy access to the Sabi Sands.
GETTING TO SABI SANDS BY AIR
There are many flight possibilities available for travellers that seek for the quickest way getting to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. From Johannesburg and Cape Town travellers can make use of scheduled flights to Kruger/Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) near Nelspruit. From here you can travel onwards to your preferred lodge by making use of a road transfer or a short hop on a small aircraft. South African Airways also serves Hoedspruit Airport which is conveniently located for travellers staying in the northern section of the Sabi Sands (see our Sabi Sands map). Also from Hoedspruit you can choose for either a private road transfer or a short hop on a small aircraft. From June 2014 you will have an additional option as Skukuza airport (located in Kruger National Park) will be reopened and served by South African Airlink from both Johannesburg and Cape Town. Please see our Skukuza Sabi Sands page for all information related to this new convenient travel possibility.
SABI SANDS SHUTTLE FLIGHTS
The fastest and most convenient option to get to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is by making use of a scheduled charter flight from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. Federal Air serves almost all lodges in the reserve on a daily basis. View our Federal Air Sabi Sands page for all details.
SABI SANDS LODGE HOPS
Visitors of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve arriving at one of the larger airports (Hoedspruit, Kruger/Mpumalanga or Skukuza) may want to make use of a short onward flight on a small aircraft to their preferred lodge. Many of Sabi Sands' lodges have their own airstrips making it extremely easy getting to your destination. These short flights are an experience in itself and very scenic as the aircraft will stay at a low altitude offering you picture perfect views over the South African Bush. You can also make use of these flights when travelling from lodge to lodge within the Sabi Sands (especially recommended when combining a stay in one of the southern and nortern lodges). View our Sabi Sands lodge hops page for all details.
GETTING TO SABI SANDS BY ROAD
Travellers making use of their own rental car when travelling in South Africa can easily reach the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. From Johannesburg the driving distance is approximately 450 kilometres. Most of the route from Johannesburg takes you along the N4 national road making it an easy and comfortable drive. Including some stops for refreshments the total driving time adds up to about 6 hours. Please note: access to the northern section of the Sabi Sands (access to for instance Chitwa Chitwa, Cheetah Plains and Arathusa lodges, also see our Sabi Sands map) is through Gowrie gate which takes 7 hours to get to from Johannesburg.
SABI SANDS ACCESS GATES
The Sabi Sands has three access gates:
Shaw's Gate: open from 05H00 to 22H00
Newington Gate: open from 05H00 to 22H00
Gowrie Gate: open from 05H00 to 22H00
Each gate serves different lodges. Please make sure you access through the correct gate when travelling to the lodge of your choice. See our Sabi Sands map for the exact location of the different Sabi Sands access gates.
SABI SANDS GATE FEES
Upon entering the Sabi Sands Game Reserve through one of the above mentioned gates you are required to pay ZAR 250 per vehicle. Further, an amount of ZAR 110 per person is charged. These rates are inclusive of VAT and valid until 31 December 2017. From 1 January 2018 these rates will be ZAR 280 per vehicle (vehicle entry fee) and ZAR 120 (per person entry fee). Credit cards are accepted at all Sabi Sands entry gates.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- Luxury Accommodation
- All meals, teas, coffees, minibar in room & selected snacks
- All local drinks (soft drinks, house wine, selection of local beers, local spirits)
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles (FGASA accredited field guides and trackers) and bushveld walks
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy. Any Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of (2019) R395.00 per person per booking. The Conservation Fee for guests staying at Simbambili Game Lodge is inclusive of the R114 p/p per booking Sabi Sand Conservation fee. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- – The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Self-drive guests to Simbambili Game Lodge pay an entrance fee of (2019) R280.00 per vehicle and (2019) R120.00 per person, which is payable at the Gowrie Gate direct. Where road transfers are booked through The Thornybush Collection, these fees are included in the rate.
- Children’s rates are based on:
- o 0 – 1.99 years will stay free of charge
- o 2 children, under the age of 12 years sharing with 2 adults, children’s rates will apply
- o In the event of 1 child (6 – 11 yrs) sharing with 2 adults the 3rd person will pay the adult sharing rate.
- o Children 12 and over pay the full adult sharing rate / single rate. In the event of 1 child over 12 sharing with 2 adults, the single supplement will be applied to the 3rd person sharing.
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive will be at Management’s discretion
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Simbambili Game Lodge do not accept children under the age of 16.
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.
Check-in time 1 PM-5 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM