Londolozi Pioneer Camp is set amongst the dappled shade of 500 year old ebony trees, the three luxury suites and generous bush home central area is the culmination of four decades of design experience in the safari industry.Pioneer Camp is the most secluded of Londolozi’s Luxury camps. The three private suites have superb river views and are perfect for honeymoons and private getaways.
Focused on multi-generational family travel, this adaptable camp can also be converted into a private bush home for family groups of 6 – 14 people through linking glass sky walkways into interconnected family units. The spacious entrance-halls, are decorated with a Ralph Lauren feel. Clean lines, modern and sophisticated with floor to ceiling glass sliding panels which frame the wilderness views beyond.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
16 Dec 2017 to 15 Dec 2018
|Suites - Per person sharing per night||R22 935|
|Suites - Per child sharing per night||R11 460|
|Suites - Single occupation per night||R34 380|
|Pilot Room - Per day, one night only for one pilot||R2 520|
16 Dec 2017 to 15 Dec 2018
|Private Land Rover||R15 130|
|Private Land Rover (repeat guest)||R12 105|
|Private Land Rover plus Photographic Tuition||R22 695|
|Private Land Rover plus Photographic Tuition (repeat guest)||R19 670|
|Honeymoon Land Rover||R18 155|
LONG STAY RATES
The first four nights will be charged at the standard rate irrespective of length of stay. A discounted rate of 5% will only apply from the 5th night onwards.
- Image Gallery
- Child Policy
- Terms | Conditions
The spacious entrance-halls, are decorated with a Ralph Lauren feel. Clean lines, modern and sophisticated with floor to ceiling glass sliding panels which frame the wilderness views beyond. The bathrooms are classic Victorian with modern accents in the marble, chrome and mahogany finishes. Throughout the camp there is a pervading sense of history thanks to faithfully restored memorabilia of photographs, old suitcases, silver, crystal glass and gramophones. Everything about Pioneer Camp is deeply personal and provides a romantic backdrop to the adventures of a new generation of sophisticated travelers.
At Londolozi there has always been an emphasis on family. Over the past 80 years four generations have adventured, dreamed and discovered here.
The bushveld of Londolozi is a wild wonderland, a child’s dream come true, and we delight in being able to share her secrets with the next generation Children over the age of four are always welcome!
Pioneer Camp is the most secluded of Londolozi’s luxury camps. The three private suites have superb river views and are perfect for couples. Yet this adaptable camp also can be converted into a private bush home for family groups of up to twelve people.
One set of inter leading suites - No 2 inter-leading into No 3. The suites have a separate small bedroom with shower, hand basin and toilet. One child can sleep in the small bedroom and a second child may sleep in the lounge. There is privacy for each room within the suite.
- Children 6 – 11 years sharing a suite with two adults, each pay 50% of adult rate
- Children 12 and older pay adult rates
- Two children 6 - 11 years sharing an inter-leading suite, pay one adult rate and one child rate (50% of adult rate)
- Three children 6 - 11 years sharing an inter-leading suite, each pay the child rate (50% of adult rate)
All rates are per person, sharing a room, per night, in South African Rands (ZAR). We reserve the right to alter rates at any stage.
All single rooms will be levied a 50% single supplement from date of arrival
- All meals, teas and coffees daily, Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Land Rovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day at at Founders Camp
- Children six years and older welcome at Varty, Founders & Pioneer Camps, no children under the age of 16 at Private Granite & Tree Camps, unless exclusive use of camp is taken
- Children - Cubs Den programme
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Laundry and VAT
- Early morning departures – rules apply – contact reservations
- Londolozi “Life” treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi “Living” purchases, Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable,
- Self drive park entrance fee, R250 per vehicle + R110 per person – subject to change without further notice
- Noise impact levy R4 500 for flights landing/ departing before 09h00 after 16h00
- Pilot room R2 500 per day, for one night’s stay only
- No guide rooms
- Private Vehicles
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGES TO OUR LONG STAY RATES:
The first four nights will be charged at the standard rate irrespective of length of stay. A discounted rate of 5% will only apply from the 5th night onwards. Refer to our Child Policy for costing and conditions Refer to our Group Policy for costing and conditions
Arrival and Departure
- Arrival not earlier than 11h00, check into rooms at 13h30
- Check out of rooms at 11h00, departure not later than 11h30
Unless previously agreed otherwise, we require a 20% non-refundable deposit within 10 days of reservation confirmation. Londolozi reserves the right to cancel the reservation should we not receive the deposit within 10 days. The balance of payment is required 60 days prior to arrival. Short-lead time reservations must be paid in full immediately.
Cancellation or part cancellation (reduction in number of rooms or nights) of a confirmed reservation will result in the loss of the 20% deposit. Should a cancellation be received between 59 – 0 days prior to due arrival date, 100% cancellation penalty would be charged. Londolozi reserves the right to cancel reservations should full payment not be received within 60 days prior to arrival.
Visas & Passport
Visa requirements to be checked before departure
All visitors to South Africa are required by law to have a minimum of two blank pages in their passport to enable the entry visa to be issued. If there is insufficient space in the passport, entry will be denied
All passengers traveling with children under the age of 18 are required to carry an unabridged birth certificate when traveling to South Africa.
Travel Insurance is recommended, covering for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, as well as cancellation and curtailment – as the reservation will be subject to cancellation penalties as detailed above.