Tinga Lodge - Amongst the legends of Kruger National Park.
Follow the footsteps of the leopard... We are always surprised at how a visit to Lion Sands can completely restore our energy and allow us to take a breath and relax. When you're right on the Sabie River, watching the animals, surrounded by bush and sky, you really feel like you've escaped from the world.
Tinga Lodge, with nine private suites, making it a very personal experience. Life at Lion Sands has a timeless quality, where you can get lost in a moment, and take the time to really explore this piece of Africa on the banks of the Sabie River. If you want to escape from real life, Lion Sands is where you need to go.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Villa - Single|
|18 Dec 2017 to 04 Jan 2018||19 655.00|
|05 Jan 2018 to 10 Jan 2018||17 090.00|
|11 Jan 2018 to 30 Nov 2018||19 165.00|
|01 Dec 2018 to 17 Dec 2018||16 295.00|
|18 Dec 2018 to 30 Apr 2019||22 035.00|
|Villa - Per person sharing|
|18 Dec 2017 to 04 Jan 2018||13 105.00|
|05 Jan 2018 to 10 Jan 2018||11 395.00|
|11 Jan 2018 to 30 Nov 2018||12 775.00|
|01 Dec 2018 to 17 Dec 2018||10 860.00|
|18 Dec 2018 to 30 Apr 2019||14 690.00|
Please be advised that this hotel works on a Best Available Rate system based on the current occupancy at the hotel. Please enquire about our current rates.
- Image Gallery
- Special Deals
- Facilities | Services
Book three nights and receive 2 free nights in a More Quarter’s1 Bedroom Luxury Apartment.
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Must specify “SeeMORE Package” on enquiry. If not requested and stipulated at time of reservation with MORE, the package will not be honoured
Block Out Dates: 1 – 15 February 2017; 18 Dec 2017 – 3 Jan 2018;1 - 15 February 2018; 18 December 2018 - 3 January 2019; 1-15 February 2019
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Book a minimum of six nights at any MORE property / properties in one itinerary, and receive a further 5% off your contracted Rate.
Must specify “DiscoverMORE Package” on enquiry and properties must be requested and booked at the same time. If not requested and stipulated at time of reservation with MORE, the package will not be honoured.
With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, you are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga’s suites has a bathroom with in-door and outdoor shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities.
LODGE, QUICK FACTS
- 9 Suites for 18 guests
- Children of 6 and older welcome
- Childrens’ activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms available
- Central Public Pool, and Private Plunge Pools
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi, in public areas
SAFARIS, QUICK FACTS
- Safaris conducted twice a day
- Enjoy the bush on foot
- Maximum number of guests per vehicle is 6
- Private safari vehicles available, subject to availability
- Private Concession within the Kruger National Park, affording guests with the unique opportunity of off-road safaris
- Luxurious accommodation in a Luxury, Superior Luxury Room / Suite (River Lodge) and in a suite with private lounge and plunge pool (Tinga Lodge & Narina Lodge);
- Three meals per day; Teas/Coffees; Mini bar in room; Inclusive drinks & selected snacks (all soft drinks and selection of local beers, spirits & house wines);
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker; Game drive refreshments & snacks;
- Specified inclusive safari activities;
- Skukuza Airport transfers,
- Wi-fi in public areas
- Quoted in South African Rands (ZAR)
- Laundry; Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes; Cigars & cigarettes;
- All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport); Gratuities;
- Telephone calls; Curio shop purchases; Spa treatments;
- Any additional extras will be for the guests’ account
- Sabi Sand & KNP Entrace fees R120 per person;
Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution: this is a mandatory contribution, R114 per guest per day .
Peak Period Supplements & Minimum Night Stays
The high demand period is deemed to be: 18 December 2018 - 03 January 2019 and minimum three night stay is required.
Plase also note the below minimum pax requirements during the peak period:
- 2-bedroom Ivory Lodge Villa - Minimum 4 adults
- 2-bedroom Thinga Family Unit - Minimum 4 adults
Single Room Policy
- An allocation of rooms/suites is kept for single travellers where a supplement will not apply. These rooms/suites are subject to availability.
- A supplement of 50% of the adult rate will be applied if the single rooms/suites are not available.
- Single supplements will not be waivered when a booking involves one of the MORE Experiences.
Triple Room & Interconnecting Rooms
Lion Sands Tinga & Narina
- Two suites have sleeper couch which are suitable for triple rooms and booking of these rooms is subject to availability
- The rate for the third person in a triple room is 50% of the per person sharing rate (maximum 3 pax)
- 3rd person sharing will be restricted to children under the age of 16
- There are no interconnecting suites at Lion Sands Tinga & Narina Lodges
- The 2-Bedroom unit at Tinga can accommodate a maximum of 6 people - maximum 4 adult
Lion Sands Ivory Lodge:
- There are no interconnecting suites with the 1 bedroom Villas
- There are no triples at Ivory Lodge in the 1 bedroom units.
- The 2 Bedroom villa can accommodate a maximum of 6 people - maximum 4 adult.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 10years
- Children aged 10-15 years pay 50% of the full adult sharing rate.
- Children aged 16 years and older pay full adult rate.
- If two children under 16 are in a room on their own, the first child pays full adult sharing rate (inclusive of interconnecting room)
Private Land Rover
- - ZAR 8,530.00 per day
- Rates are quoted per vehicle “per night booked”
- Minimum 2 day booking and subject to availability.
- Will be confirmed upon enquiry
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- 50% deposit is due on confirmation of booking to secure the reservation, of which 10 % is non-refundable.
- Full prepayment must be received no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Please note that cancellation fees are charged on any amendments, reduction in rooms or reduction in guests which affect the original value of the confirmed booking.
- 31 – 60 days prior to arrival: 25 % cancellation fee on the value of the booking
- 0 – 30 days prior to arrival: 100 % cancellation fee on the value of the booking