Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve is a five star luxury lodge. The reserve traverses over 10 000 hectares in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park and is approximately 500 km due east of Johannesburg.
The lodge is easily accessible either by road from Johannesburg (a five and a half hour drive), or by air, flying either by private charter direct, or on the commercial airline to KMIA, where a 2 hour road transfer or a 25 minute flight to Leopard Hills would be required.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Description - Fully Inclusive||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Standard Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing / Single||R17 266|
|Private Vehicle :
A private vehicle can be booked for all photographic safari requests or guests wanting their own private vehicle per day (Subject to availability upon request)
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure from any of the Lodges in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon (per 1- 2 pax)||R35 830|
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure from any of the Lodges in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon (3rd and 4rd pax)||R2 030|
- Image Gallery
The lodge is built on a hill overlooking a natural waterhole. Each of the eight luxurious glass-fronted suites, complete with their own sundeck and rock plunge pool offer superb views of the African bushveld beyond. The suites are generously spacious and immense in stature with air-conditioning and overhead fans. The breathtaking romantic bathrooms include double indoor and outdoor showers, which open to a glorious view of the passing cavalcade below. The comfortable beds are complete with beautiful crisp percale cotton linen, down duvets and pillows, and gracious mosquito netting.
A special touch to each suite is the perfection of final touches provided, from weather notes and African poems, to a fine array of bath salts and other bathroom amenities. An inviting lounge with breathtaking views over the bush creates the ideal setting to relax with a book or while away the afternoon with a pair of binoculars in the comfort of your air-conditioned suite, a wonderful reprieve from the heat of the midday sun. Enjoy the privacy of your suite and salute the timelessness of Africa over a drink or snack from your fully stocked mini-bar. Savour the day in your hammock or pool lounger outside, whilst listening to the tranquil sound of the surrounding bushveld. Elements of nature have been incorporated into your suite, to provide the ultimate in luxury while experiencing Africa at its best.
The treatment sala and gym at Leopard Hills have proved very popular among many guests. What better way to work up a sweat on the various gym machines, while looking over the bush below, or enjoy an array of massage treatments in the glass-fronted sala, which has a spectacular vantage point off the main pool deck offering absolute privacy and spectacular views. One of the highlights of every guests' stay at Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve is the array of bush treatments on offer. Treatments are performed either in the Sala, or in the comfort of your own suite.
Activities in Leopard Hills Lodge
The knowledgeable and professional rangers at Leopard Hills conduct early morning and evening game drives, in search of Africa's big game. State-of-the-art game drive vehicles, specifically designed for Leopard Hills, have individual bucket seats with fold down armrests, ensuring optimum safety and comfort. Leopard Hills prides itself with the best rangers in the business, and they offer a safari experience like no other, from sightings of big game in their natural surroundings, to the smaller flora and fauna.
Walks through the bush take place just after breakfast, on request, and is the best way of experiencing the finer aspects of the bushveld. Your ranger will guide you through the fauna and flora of the Sabi Sands Reserve, pointing out insects, grasses, trees, and smaller species that are all an integral part of the greater Kruger National Park ecosystem. Those with a passion for wildlife photography will be able to get various tips from their ranger on taking the perfect picture, while on their game drive or walking safari. Our rangers are avid fans of photography, many of them having entered renowned international and local competitions with great results. Please do not hesitate to ask your ranger for assistance in this regard.
For those with a passion for Africa and an interest in its diverse and spontaneous culture, tours are offered into the local village, where guests will have the opportunity of embarking on a journey of invaluable knowledge and information on South Africa, its people and their way of life.
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED:
- Inclusive of VAT. In South African Rands.
- Subject to availability.
- # Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate.
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Luxury accommodation.
- Two game drives per day.
- Optional walking safaris.
- Three meals daily.
- Tea & Coffee.
- All beverages excluding premium wines from our wine cellar.
- Laundry Service.
- Road transfer from the Leopard Hills Airstrip to the Lodge.
- Guest Conservation Levy.
- Complimentary WIFI in all suites
- Curio shop purchases.
- Premium wines from our wine cellar.
- Telephone calls.
- Lodge Transfers.
- Airport Tax.
- Spa treatments.
- Eight luxury air-conditioned suites, complete with private plunge pools, mini-bar, outside showers, double indoor showers and great views.
- The lodge accommodates a maximum of sixteen guests.
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Central swimming pool.
- Open air veranda.
- Lounge, bar and dining room.
- A Library.
- Well stocked curio shop.
- Fully stocked wine cellar.
- Open vehicle game drives.
- Walking safaris.
- Massage sala.
- Bush breakfasts and gym.
We regret, due to the inconvenience to other guests, we do not allow children under the age of 10, unless the whole camp is booked. We do not have triple suites.
Provisional Reservations: All provisional reservations will be automatically released if not confirmed within 2 weeks of booking being made.
A deposit of 20% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm a provisional reservation and full payment is required 45 days prior to arrival.
Tour operators electing to settle a booking with a credit card will be subjected to a 5% surcharge.
Peak Season Terms and Conditions:
20 December until 5 January.
All Bookings over Christmas and New Year’s Eve can only be secured once a 20% non-refundable deposit has been paid.
Group Reservations: Should the reservations department require the accommodation that is being held by the group for the same dates, we will request the group to supply us with an immediate 20% non-refundable deposit. A booking of 8 guests or more isclassed as a group booking.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 45–30 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 14 days or less – 100% of full amount
Bookings are not transferable
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE:
Guests may arrive any time from 14h00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11h00.
WHAT TO TAKE:
Comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sun block, cameras and binoculars, anti-malaria precautions (please consult your doctor / pharmacist) light, neutral coloured clothing, swimming costume, warm jackets are essential in winter (May - October).
Johannesburg to Leopard Hills ± 6 hours (± 500 km).
Nelspruit to Leopard Hills ± 2 hours (± 150 km)
GPS CO -ORDINATES: S 24˚ 47’ 32.8” E 031˚ 22’ 04.8”
DIRECTIONS TO LODGE:
Please make use of the map and directions and NOT the GP S coordinates.
- From Johannesburg take the N4 to Nelspruit.
- Once in Nelspruit, carry on towards White River, then take the R40, Main Road towards Hazyview.
- Turn left at the T-junction into Hazyview.
- At the 2nd set of traffic lights, turn right onto the R536 (Portia Shabangu), towards the Paul Kruger Gate.
- Approximately 35km along this road, and just after theSaringwa River, look out for signs indicating the NewingtonGate / Sabi Sands and signs indicating “Huntington, Lilydale &Justicia” on the left hand side of the road.
- Newington Gate accesses the Sabi Sands Reserve, in which Leopard Hills is located – so please follow these signs.
- Turn left here, and follow this gravel road for ± 9km.
- You’ll come to a 4 way crossing, turn right here.
- After about 1.8 km you will be at a T-junction, turn left.
- Another 0.5 km further turn left again and this road leads to Newington Gate.
- 1km further you’ll find the Newington Gate where you will be required to pay an entrance fee.
Newington Gate entrance fees are as follows:
R 280 per light vehicle (applies to vehicles under 3.5tons)
R 120 per person (applicable fee payable per passenger entering the reserve via motor vehicle)
Prices subject to change.
> Once through the gate, turn left. Follow the signs to LeopardHills Private Game Reserve.
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS:
Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg International Airport to Leopard Hills with Federal Air.
Daily transfers from Johannesburg, Kruger Mpumalanga
International, Skukuza & Hoedspruit Airports.
Transfers from any lodges in Sabi Sand.
Private charters are available on request.
Please note we require a 25% deposit in order to secure a ground or air transfer.
Helicopter flights to the Blyde River Canyon and Gods Window can be arranged on request.
Wedding package 2018
At Leopard Hills, we pride ourselves on our reputation for warm, world-class service, and the little touches that make the difference.
Emphasis is on ultimate luxury and romantic charm, combined with the priceless gift of privacy. Weddings at Leopard Hills portray just this...
This package includes:
- Wedding ceremony on the secluded pool deck at the lodge, overlooking a vibrant waterhole.
- Witnesses at the ceremony (Leopard Hills staff).
- South African sparkling wine for the couple.
- Local flowers for the ceremony table, bridal bouquet, groom’s corsage, pole flowers and cake arrangement flowers.
- Single layer wedding cake of your choice.
- 30 min massage for the bride and groom.
- Pressing of bride and groom’s garments.
- Wedding turn down.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Leopard Hills.
- The use of your own personal wedding co-ordinator, who is on hand at all times to make your stay just that much more memorable and relaxing
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- The Minister, his/her travel and preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Photographer, hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- All Beverages.
- Traditional performers
LEGALITY OF FOREIGN WEDDINGS IN SOUTH AFRICA
The law in South Africa requires a foreign couple to attend an appointment at the Department of Home Affairs before they can be legally married in South Africa. Since this is quite a cumbersome task for someone on safari, we suggest that you process all legal marriage documents in your home country and enjoy your ceremony on safari in a more traditional way
TOTAL: R 26 895 [EXCLUDING ACC OMMODATION]