Idube is a safari lodge situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, in the heart of South Africa’s premier wildlife conservation area of the Greater Kruger Park. Game, including the Big 5, is viewed really close by from open Landrovers, or spotted on guided walks. All our experienced rangers and trackers are trained to give guests the best possible wild life experience.
The lodge has 10 comfortable chalets, set amongst green lawns and shady trees. In between drives, guests can enjoy the pool and bird watch, or relax on their private decks and watch the warthogs and the nyala families on the lawn. Idube is dedicated to giving guests a genuine and informative experience in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
8 Jan 2020to 19 Dec 2020
20 Dec 2020to 7 Jan 2021
Min 2 nigts stay
|Safari Chalets (standard) Single||R 9 110||R10 730|
|Safari Chalets (standard) PPPN sharing||R 7 010||R 8 255|
|Per Child Sharing Per Night (8-12yrs)||R 4 905||R 5 780|
|Makubela Suite / Leadwood Suite Single||R10 730||R11 550|
|Makubela Suite / Leadwood Suite PPPN sharing||R 8 255||R 8 930|
|Per Child Sharing Per Night (8-12yrs)||R 5 780||R 6 250|
- Image Gallery
- Special Deal
|4 Nights Combo Package Rates 2020 - Special
2 Nights Idube & 2 Nights Lukimbi
Validity Period – 8 January 2020 until 19 December 2020
Safari Chalet (Idube) and Classic Suite (Lukimbi)
|Per person sharing for the 4 nights||R27 265|
|Per adult single for the 4 nights||R37 230|
|Per child 8-12 years||R18 470|
|Makubela Suite/ Leadwood Suite (Idube) and Premier Suite (Lukimbi)|
|Per person sharing for the 4 nights||R31 295|
|Per adult single for the 4 nights||R42 395|
|Per child 8-12 years||R22 100|
|5 Nights Idube & 3 Nights Lukimbi
2 Nights Idube & 3 Nights Lukimbi
Validity Period – 8 January 2020 until 19 December 2020
Safari Chalet (Idube) and Classic Suite (Lukimbi)
|Per person sharing for the 4 nights||R34 610|
|Per adult single for the 4 nights||R47 070|
|Per child 8-12 years||R23 395|
|Makubela Suite/Leadw2ood Suite (Idube) and Premier Suite (Lukimbi)|
|Per person sharing for the 4 nights||R39 505|
|Per adult single for the 4 nights||R53 385|
|Per child 8-12 years||R27 850|
- The rates include luxury accommodation in en-suite, air-conditioned chalets/suites 3 full meals daily, all teas and coffees, 2 game drives daily in open landrovers and a safari walk at each lodge. Game activities are with skilled and well-trained rangers. Walks are for guests who are 16+ years.
Check-in is from 13h00-15h00 and Check-out is at 10h30.
- The rate excludes all transfers, Kruger Park entrance fees, Sabi Sand entrance fees and Rhino Conservation Levies, Ulusaba runway fees, all drinks, spa treatments, curios, items of a personal nature and gratuities.
Minimum of 2 night stay at each lodge required to qualify for combo package rates.
Deposit & Pre-Payment
- 20% of the full amount due on the reservation is required within 1 month of reservation as a non-refundable deposit to confirm the booking.
- The balance of the invoice is payable 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- Credit cards, electronic transfers and direct deposits are accepted.
- Cancellations must be in writing.
- If cancelled less than 4 weeks prior to date of arrival or no show, 100% of the full amount is due.
Directions from Johannesburg
- From Johannesburg or Pretoria, take the N4 to Nelspruit
- Drive to Hazyview
- From here, please follow the map to Idube.
- Expect this journey to take you 5 and a half hours.
- Note: Please enter the Sabi Sands at Newington Gate only, guests are not allowed to enter at Shaw’s Gate.
- Johannesburg to KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga Airport) with transfer from there to Idube.
- Johannesburg International direct to the Sabi Sands Reserve, transfer by Landrover to Idube.
Distances from Lodge
|JHB International Airport||450km|
|Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport||110km|
|Lukimbi Safari Lodge||101km|
|Golf courses (several, nearest)||40km|
CHARTERS / other air arrangements
Charter flights can be arranged to land at Ulusaba. Please contact the Reservations office for details.
DIRECTIONS FROM OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO IDUBE GAME LODGE
Takes approx 6 hours by road
At the T-junction of the access road, turn right to Plaston and drive for approximately 7,5 kms.
Pass the Jatinga road on the left (twice) and the Spionkop road on the right. After the Spionkop sign, there is a road on the right. Turn here and travel a further 3 kms until a T-junction is reached. Turn left and travel a further 1,8 kms until you reach the T-junction on the R40 from White River to Hazyview. Turn right and continue for approximately 45 kms until another T-Junction to the town of Hazyview. Turn left. Pass the first set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights in Hazyview, turn right towards the Kruger National Park and the Paul Kruger Gate on the R536.
- Travel for 34.5 km down this tar road until you reach a gravel road on the left-hand side, brown road sign on the left, clearly showing Newington Gate at the turn off. Turn left at the Newington Gate/ Sabi Sand Wildtuin sign.
- Follow the road for exactly 8,7km at a make shift cross roads you will see a red shipping container on the opposite left hand side, and a make shift taxi point, turn right at those cross roads. There is no signboard at this turning!
- Follow the road for 1.7km until T-junction, turn left following the Newington Gate Sign.
- Follow this road for 600m and turn left at the Newington Gate sign, follow the road for another 1.2km to Newington gate from this turn off, pass the Hlulani Farm sign on your left, follow road to Newington gate. This gate closes at 22:00. A R280 conservation fee is payable per vehicle plus an extra R120 per passenger at the gate.
Follow the main road until you see the IDUBE sign on the left about 7.8km. Follow the arrows into lodge. The lodge telephone number is 015 590 0974 or 083 457 1648 and you can be sure of friendly service when calling for help. Please drive carefully when you turn off the tarred road and keep the car doors locked. Do not stop or give people lifts when you are outside the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Once inside the Reserve, the speed is 40km, please do not get out of your vehicle until you reach the lodge.
There are 3 suites, The 2 Makubela suites and the Leadwood suite. All feature spacious rooms and decks leading to private pools. Each room has its own well stocked mini bar, baths, inside and outside showers, hairdryer, safe and wi-fi. Guests can request their choice of mini bar drinks, which we will arrange with pleasure. Be aware that elephants frequently come close to the pools of the Makubela suites.
The chalets are all decorated individually and also have baths, inside and outside showers, as well as private decks. Wi-fi is available, rooms have hairdryers and safes. These comfortable rooms offer a safe, cool haven between activities.
Guests at Idube can go for a short guided walk after breakfast, this gives them a chance to see some of the smaller animals, or, on occasions, enjoy the thrill of coming across big game on foot – a very different experience. There is a wonderful sense of excitement in being able to leave the lodge and stride out with your armed guide to see what you can find in the bush beyond.
Well known for frequent leopard sightings, Idube Game Reserve also is home to all the Big 5. Excitement is added by the presence of wild dogs and cheetahs. Idube has many different types of antelope and a large variety of smaller animals. Crocodiles travel for long distances to find new dams or move to the river, so it is always a surprise where they will be spotted. And, of course, Idube Game Reserve is a bird lover’s paradise. One of the best things is how close guests actually get to the animals; that is a very special experience.
Idube Game Reserve is a great place to enjoy birds, on drives, walks, or round the camp. There are approximately 400 different types of birds seen at Idube. From early morning, when you are greeted to the dawn chorus, to the evening when the birds settle down for the night, there is always birdsong to add to the day’s pleasure. Then at night, the haunting calls of the nocturnal birds add mystery and enjoyment to the sounds of the African bush.
Idube Game Reserve frequently hosts honeymoon couples. One of the things they really enjoy is their private dinner, which may be held at one of the many romantic spots around the camp. Very often another couple are also on their honeymoon and much enjoyment is had in telling each other their wedding stories.
Idube Game Reserve has a beautiful main pool, surrounded by stunning trees, with a view to the bush beyond. This is a great place to relax and bird watch, sipping an ice cold drink. The suites each have their own pool, leading off their private deck, complete with comfortable loungers.
Idube has a well equipped, air-conditioned gym. Guests enjoy using this to get over long flights, or just to keep healthy.
Guests enjoy different venues for dining and the evening dinner held in the open air boma is always a favourite. Idube features a weekly bushbraai (barbecue), weather permitting. This change of venue is always exciting and a whole different experience. This may be moved to bush breakfasts in the cooler weather. Occasionally the venue has to be changed because of leopards on the roof of the bush boma – just too close to the kitchen area.
There is DSTV (direct broadcast satellite service) on the TV in the lounge, separate from the other entertainment areas, where guests can catch up with whichever programme is important to them.
Our curio shop at Idube has a variety of interesting goods, as well as branded goods to remind guests of the happy times they enjoyed at the lodge.
We carry some basic necessities, such as toothpaste, for those who may have missed packing an item.
20 Dec - 07 Jan Min 2 nigth stay
The rates include
- luxury accommodation in en-suite,
- air-conditioned chalets,
- 3 full meals daily, all teas and coffees,
- 2 game drives daily in open landrovers and
- a safari walk.
Game activities are with skilled and well-trained rangers.
- Check-in is from 12h00-15h00. Check-out is after morning game drive and breakfast +-10h30.
- The rate excludes
- Ulusaba passenger runway fees,
- bar bill, soft drinks,
- telephone and fax calls, curios,
- items of a personal nature,
- Sabi Sand entrance fees and Sabi Sand Rhino Conservation Levies (R138 pp per night).
Transfer rates between Kruger Mpumalanga airport and Idube are available on request.
The drive between KMIA and Idube takes approximately 1 hour 45 mins and is done in an air-conditioned vehicle.
GUIDES/TOUR LEADERS/PILOTS NB:
- The rate is R3 000 per night and accommodation will be reserved in a chalet.
- If 18 or more guests are in camp then guide/tourleader/pilot will not be able to go on game drives.
DEPOSIT AND PREPAYMENT:
- 20% non refundable deposit is required within 1 month of reservation for all bookings over our peak Dec/Jan period or for group bookings.
- Groups – balance of the invoice is payable 2 months prior to arrival.
- FIT bookings – balance of the invoice is payable 1 month prior to arrival.
- Cancellations must be made in writing.
- Groups – if cancelled from 2 months prior, or no-show, 100% of the full amount is due
- FIT-if cancelled from 1 month prior to date of arrival, or no-show, 100% cancellation fees.
Sabi Sand entrance fees – R280 per vehicle and R120 per person entrance fees applicable from 01 January 2018 – 31 December 2019.
Rhino Conservation Levies – R138 per person per night, capped to a maximum of R414 pp per stay applicable from 01 January 2019 – 31 December 2019.
HOW TO GET TO THE LODGE
Refer to page 4 of this package for directions to the lodge. An entrance fee of R280 per vehicle and R120 per person is payable in cash at the entrance to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve at Newington Gate. This fee goes toward nature conservation in the area. The last 20 kilometers to the lodge is a gravel road – please travel very slowly and carefully on this section of the road.
Alternatively guests can fly to the closest airports which is either Skukuza Airport or Nelspruit/Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA). From here, Idube will arrange a transfer by road in an air-conditioned microbus which will take about one and a half hours.
Or there are daily shuttle flights from Johannesburg O.R Tambo Airport to the Sabi Sand Reserve with Fedair. Reservations are made through the Reservation office.
Breakfast is served in an open thatched area and under the trees by the main lodge area and lunch is served in a beautiful wooden, thatched deck overlooking Shadulu dam.
Breakfast starts just after the return of the morning game drive. It consists of a large English type and Continental breakfast with fresh fruit, cereals and yoghurt.
Lunch is served between 14h00 and 15h00.
Dinner is served in the boma after the evening safari.
Special dietary requests can always be catered for. Please advise well in advance.
There is a filtered swimming pool for guests’ use.
There is a hide overlooking a small dam that is accessible from the main lodge area via a swing bridge. Guests can enjoy the view and may get lucky with some animals coming for a drink of water. Plenty of birding opportunities.
Idube Private Game Reserve is home to the “Big Five” being elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard and an abundance of other game such as cheetah, hippo, crocodile, giraffe, kudu, waterbuck, etc. Over 300 bird species have been recorded on the reserve. Game viewing is outstanding all year round.
Safaris are in open Landrovers with an experienced ranger and tracker. There are two game drives daily, lasting about 3 hours each. The early morning drive starts at sunrise. On the late afternoon game drive, having had a sundowner in the bush, spotlights are used to spot predators like lion, leopard, hyenas, civet and other nocturnal species.
The game drives are exciting, often venturing off-road and offering exceptionally close encounters with game. Photographic opportunities are outstanding.
Get back to grass roots on a safari walk after breakfast with your ranger. Learn about tracking, the fascinating ways of the wild, tribal uses of trees and plants, nature conservation and ecology and lasts approximately 1 hour.
The Lodge has 8 standard Safari chalets, 1 luxurious Leadwood Suite and 2 ultra-luxurious Makubela suites accommodating a maximum of 23 guests in camp, affording the very best bush experience, privacy and personalized service.
The 4 star, en-suite luxury chalets are air-conditioned and have overhead fans. The bathrooms are en suite and in addition, there are both inside and outside showers.
We cater for honeymoon couples endeavoring to make their stay extra special.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIME
Guests should arrive from 13h00 but preferably not later than 15h00.
Departures are after breakfast (by 10h30)
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
i) Clothing should be casual and lightweight. Neutral, dull colours are essential.
ii) Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
iii) A warm jersey or jacket in the winter months.
iv) A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion and insect repellant
v) Swimming costume and towel
viii) Anti-malaria tablets should be taken prior to departure – please consult your medical doctor.
Idube Game Reserve will maintain the utmost possible precaution to ensure our clients’ safety. However, we cannot accept liability for any illness, accident or loss of personal belongings.
i) When making a booking within two weeks of arrival, immediate full pre-payment is due within 24 hours