Formerly the family home of Singita founder Luke Bailes’ grandfather, Singita Castleton is an exclusive use lodge set within 45,000 acres of private reserve.
Singita Castleton consists of a main house with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people. It is steeped in history, capturing the spirit of the original Castleton house, giving the lodge a historical and comforting nature. Singita Castleton has been designed to combine the best elements of a private safari lodge with the rustic charms of a country farmhouse,
with the added benefit of extensive high-end facilities, including a vast garden, swimming pool, wine cellar, gym, tennis court and spa treatment room. Guests can relax together in the courtyard, gather around the traditional ‘boma’ or meet in the country-style kitchen, yet the individual cottages allow guests to retreat to the privacy of their own space as and when it’s needed. All of this is overlooking a waterhole where animals regularly gather to drink.
|Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Private Use - 6 Doubles/Twins; maximum 12 guests - per lodge per night (1-8 guests)||161 665.00|
|Private Use - 6 Doubles/Twins; maximum 12 guests - Additional Adult Per Night||20 210.00|
|Private Use - 6 Doubles/Twins; maximum 12 guests - Additional Child Per Night||10 105.00|
|Day Use Rate - Applicable for early check-in & late check-out||80 830.00|
- Image Gallery
- Lodge Details
- Terms | Conditions
Singita Castleton is in a malarial zone so it is essential to ensure that you take appropriate prophylactics. It is also recommended that you consult your doctor/physician before travelling.
six individual cottages located separate to the main house
Amenities and Services
- There is a swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland
- There is a private gym available
- Private tennis court with tennis pavilion
- Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun
- Spa treatment room and in room treatments are available for guests
- Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house
- Private boma with uninterrupted view of the watering hole
- Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker
- Private staff of house manager, chef, housekeeper, guide and tracker
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique is nearby
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family. For the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide
- Kosher and Halaal is available at Singita Castleton at an additional charge – please book in advance.
- Daytime game drives and afternoon drives ending with a spot lit evening return with your professional field guide and tracker in private vehicle
- Walking safaris (for guest 16 and over), community visits, mountain biking (for guest 16 and over), fishing, stargazing safaris, swimming, tennis, board games and archery and croquet on the lawn.
- The country style kitchen is the heart of the home and guests are encouraged to take part in informal cooking/baking classes
Check-in/Check-out times & Lodge Closure
- The lodge is open year-round
- Check-in time: 14h30
- Check-out time: 11h00
- Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h30 (landing before 14h00) and/or check out after 10h30 (taking off after 11h00) are required to book an additional night at the Day Use Rate.
- quoted in South African Rand (ZAR / R),
- inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 14%, and
- subject to change.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house host, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover safaris (one vehicle for up to 8 guests, two vehicles for 9-12 guests), walking safaris, mountain biking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers), tennis, archery
- If a private therapist is booked during stay, the daily rate includes a maximum of 5 treatments
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
* Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate.
- Tourism levy at R 62.00 per person per night
- Conservation Contribution per person per night R100.00
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Singita Castleton: Exclusive access to a Singita spa therapist (to be pre-booked and pre-paid)
- Singita Castleton: Additional vehicle (available on request at an additional charge)
- Singita Castleton: Day Use Rate (applicable for early check-in & late check-out)
- Transport to and from the reserve. Please see our flight & access documentation.
Private Vehicle : per vehicle per day R 13 125
- one private vehicle is included for up to 8 guests and two private vehicles for 9-12 guests.
Private Spa Therapist at Singita Castleton - per day, includes up to 5 treatments per day R6 500
- Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Castleton.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
- Single supplement will apply if 3 or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the 3rd single room onwards.
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, we require full payment on confirmation.
- Due to the increasing fuel cost, Federal Air may increase their fuel surcharge during the year, in which case the incremental must be borne by the client. Singita Game Reserves and Cybercapetown will not be accountable for any incremental costs.