Earth Lodge is a sanctuarysymbolising a new era in luxury South African safari lodges. Sculpted into a slope of the earth, almost invisible in the landscape, the lodge uses texture, light and space to present a lodge like no other. Taking its cue from the surrounding environment, it has been described as the most environmentally sensitive lodge in Africa.
Earth Lodge reveals itself in a series of sensory revelations. On arrival a hidden corridor leads you down on a journey to a unique and unforgettable experience. The unexpected entrance opens to a panorama of uninterrupted bushveld. As in nature everything at Earth Lodge exists in harmony and you are immediately aware of a sense of calm and a restoring spirit.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|20 Dec 2016 to 11 Jan 2017||16 560|
|11 Jan 2017to 19 Dec 2017||16 560|
|20 Dec 2017 to 10 Jan 2018||19 045|
|Amber Presidential Suite
|20 Dec 2016 to 10 Jan 2017||25 130|
|11 Jan 2017 to 19 Dec 2017||24 960|
|20 Dec 2017 to 10 Jan 2018||28 705|
Amber Suite Includes private Safari Vehicle
- Image Gallery
- Terms | Conditions
Home to 13 ultra-luxurious suites including the Amber Presidential Suite, the lodge breaks with traditional bush lodge style to create a masterpiece of artistry and innovation. Each of the suites at this luxury lodge features individually designed furniture, private plunge pool, en-suite glass fronted bathroom and indoor and outdoor shower. The natural wooden sculptures by renowned South African artist Geoffrey Armstrong add a powerful magic.
The Amber Suite is a glorious celebration of generous size and space. Beyond belief in its beauty, from the magnificent carved wooden headboard to the deep egg-shaped bath, the suite boasts its own steam room, study and kitchen. It captures the spirit of nature and luxury in one unique experience.
The outdoor boma, its walls sculpted from tree roots and piled up piece by piece, captures the drama of the African night and evokes the power of the wilderness.
An indoor/outdoor dining area overlooking a waterhole and unending bushveld, a secluded library, art gallery, meditation garden; and an underground wine cellar with a collection of over 6000 bottles of rare wines, the venue for an unforgettable dining experience - everything at this luxury lodge has been created for your indulgence.
While on safari escape to the Amani Spa at Earth Lodge and indulge in holistic body, skin and beauty rituals, treatments and massages. At the Amani Spa we create magical moments and turn them into special memories. Treat yourself to one of our individually designed treatment packages for any occasion - honeymoon, birthday or anniversary. Share the experience with your partner in the couple's treatment suite. Or simply indulge yourself because you deserve it!
Each morning and evening you will depart from this luxury safari lodge into the wilderness, either by open Land Rover or on foot for a walking safari, accompanied by your armed and knowledgeable Game Ranger and Shangaan Tracker. Close enough to share in a thrilling encounter with Africa's beautiful wild creatures.
Earth Lodge Single Room Policy
Excludes 20th December 2016 – 10th January 2017 & 20th December 2017 – 10th January 2018
- There will be no single supplement for up to a maximum of 2 suites per booking. (Excluding the Amber Presidential Suite where a single supplement will apply).
- Thereafter, guests occupying single suites will be levied a supplement of an additional 50% of the specified daily rate.
- The above rates are per person sharing per night and include open safari vehicle safaris by day and at night to see Africa’s big game accompanied by qualified rangers and trackers, environmental awareness walking safaris, breakfast, lunch, dinner, a fine selection of beverages, laundry, WiFi and transfers from our Sabi Sabi Airstrip. Our tariff includes government taxes (VAT).
- Optional extras available are spa treatments at Amani Spa, a selection from our Private Collection of spirits and cellar wine, boutique purchases, telephone calls, and transfers from Skukuza Airport.
- All rates exclude a Guest Conservation Contribution of R100 per person per night, collected on behalf of the Sabi Sand Wildtuin (SSW).
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fees will be charged for all entries from outside the reserve.
- Sabi Sabi reserves the right to change tariffs without notice subject to implementation or variations of taxes or levies by any authority or the government.
Spa treatments at Amani Spa, cellar wine collection, premium brands, curio shop purchases, telephone calls, laundry and Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fees (if self-drive).
Sabi Sabi reserves the right to change tariffs without notice subject to implementation or variations of taxes or levies by any authority or the government.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- In order to secure a reservation we require a 25% deposit within 48 hours of making the booking and the balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 60 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation
- We have the right to request deposits or full payment in advance in the case of large groups, long stays, peak periods or high occupancy
- 0 – 20 days prior to arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged
- 21 – 45 days prior to arrival, a 25% cancellation fee, of the total accommodation booked, will be charged
- 46+ days prior to arrival, a 10% cancellation fee, of the total accommodation booked, will be charged
- No shows will be charged the full value of the accommodation booked
- In the event of a refund, a 10% administration fee will be retained for cancellations received after the card has been charged.
Cancellation Fees are levied only if losses are incurred by Sabi Sabi as a result of the cancellation. Should the accommodation be resold in full or in part, cancellation fees will be refunded in full or pro-rata less a 10% handling fee.
- All reservation amendments or cancellations are valid only if made in writing and the onus of proving delivery to Sabi Sabi of such amendments or cancellations will be on the party relying thereon.
- Peak Season Pre-Payment – 20 December – 10 January
- Please note that a Peak Season Surcharge will apply to all reservations during this period.
- Full pre-payment of all services (accommodation and relevant transfers) is to be made by 31 August . Any payments not received will result in an automatic release of accommodation for the high season period.
- Bookings received after 1st September must be paid for in full in order to confirm.
Cancellation Policy Over Peak Periods
- Cancellations between 01st – 20th September - 25% Cancellation fee will apply
- Cancellations between 21st September – 20th October - 50% Cancellation fee will apply
- Cancellations after the 20th October - 100% Cancellation fee will apply
- Refunds, if agreed, are subject to a 10% administration fee.
Children's Terms & Conditions
- 3 Years and younger: Stay free of charge in a cot.
- 4 - 7 Years: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay R3500-00 per child per night.
- 8 - 12 Years: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay R5200-00 per child per night.
- 13 Years and over: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults will pay adult rate.
Children occupying their own room will pay the full adult rate for a maximum of 1 child (if 4 children sharing the remaining 3 will pay the applicable children’s rates).
a. Children under the age of 6 years will not be allowed on safaris.
b. Children between the age of 3 and 6 years may only accompany their parents / guardians on safari if there is exclusive use of a safari vehicle. The usage of an exclusive vehicle is subject to availability, a surcharge and restrictions at sightings due to possible disturbance to animals and/or guests on other vehicles.
c. Child Minders can be arranged from a minimum rate of R150-00 per child per hour which is to be paid directly to the babysitter.
d. Child Minders are to be booked with reception on arrival.
e. Children 4 years and younger will not be allowed in the boma for dinner. Dinner will be arranged in the Safari Lounge between 17h00 and 19h00 or as room service. Breakfast and lunch as per normal with parents / guardians.
f. Sabi Sabi reserves the right of allowing or disallowing children on safari for any possible reason and this is at the discretion of the General Manager / Ranger of the vehicle.
SAFARI VEHICLE EXCLUSIVITY
a. If vehicle exclusivity is required a charge of R6500 for the vehicle per day will be levied. A Day is regarded as lunch to lunch including an afternoon / evening and morning safari. Vehicle exclusivity is subject to availability and is based on the following seating capacities:
- Bush Lodge – 8 seats
- Little Bush Camp, Selati Camp and Earth Lodge – 6 seats
b. Vehicle exclusivity must be pre-booked and the surcharge, where applicable, will be charged to the
Insurance: Please ensure, and we strongly recommend, that your clients are the beneficiaries of a travel insurance policy covering at least injury, death, medical costs, emergency evacuation, repatriation, loss of or damage to personal belongings (due to theft or otherwise) and cancellation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Validity: 01 January 2016 – 31 December 2017
A 25% deposit calculated on the total cost of the full stay as specified in the pro forma invoice (‘the Invoice’) is payable within 48 hours of receipt of the Confirmation of Reservation (‘the Reservation’) and Invoice.
SINGLE ROOM POLICY (Excludes 20 December 2016 – 10 January 2017 and 20 December 2017 – 10 January 2018)
There will be no single supplement for up to a maximum of 2 suites per booking. (Excluding Presidential Suites and Luxury Villas where a single supplement will apply). Thereafter, guests occupying single suites will be levied a supplement of an additional 50% of the specified daily rate.
Deposits, cancellation fees and the 5% handling fee are calculated on the total of the invoice.
Days prior to arrival: On Booking - 25 % 45 Days - 75%
Deposit conditions must be strictly adhered to, failing which Sabi Sabi reserves the right to cancel the booking. If booking within 45 days of arrival, payment of the total cost of the full stay as specified in the Invoice is required.
Cancellation & Room Reduction Fees
Days prior to arrival: 0 – 20 Days- 100% 21 – 45 Days- 25% 46+ 5%
Cancellation Fees are levied only if losses are incurred by Sabi Sabi as a result of the cancellation.
Should the accommodation be resold in full or in part, cancellation fees will be refunded in full or pro rata less a 5% handling fee.
All reservation amendments or cancellations are valid only if made in writing and the onus of proving delivery to Sabi Sabi of such amendments or cancellations will be on the party relying thereon.
Christmas Peak Season Pre-Payment – 20 December 2016 – 10 January 2017 and 20 December 2017 – 10 January 2018
Please note that a Peak Season Surcharge will apply to all reservations during this period.
Full pre-payment of all services (accommodation and relevant transfers) is to be made to Sabi Sabi by 31 August . Any payments not received will result in an automatic release of accommodation for the high season period
Christmas Peak Season Cancellation & Room Reduction Fees
Days prior to arrival: 0 – 60 Days -100% 61 – 90 Days 50% 91+ Days-25%
Bookings received after 1 September must be paid for in full in order to confirm.
Cancellation policy over Christmas Peak Period is as follows:
Cancellations between 1 – 20 September 25% Cancellation fee will apply
Cancellations between 21 September – 20 October 50% Cancellation fee will apply
Cancellations after the 20 October 100% Cancellation fee will apply